Produced by smoking pipe stand

 A few months ago, I was given a tobacco pipe as a gift. I never smoked before and didn't really know how to use it. But I was determined to learn how to smoke a pipe and enjoy the experience.


So I decided to make a stand for my new pipe from an old bookcase. Here's how I did it:


I only had one problem with this project - finding a suitable bookcase! Since most of my furniture is antique, I wanted to keep this piece in that vein. My wife had recently bought an antique desk at an auction, so we decided to use its base instead. The desk top wasn't wide enough for our needs but we were able to save it by cutting off the back edge (see below).


Next we measured the height of our bookcase and cut off some MDF boards to fit into place. We used some glue and screws to secure the boards into place on each side of the base (see below). Once everything was lined up correctly, we added some more screws through the sides of our board supports into the bottom of our base (see below).


Once everything was secured together, we added another layer of MDF boards on top (see below). This will be used as


how to make a tobacco pipe stand


You'll need:


- A piece of wood. Any size will do, but the bigger the better. I used about 1/4" plywood for mine and it works great.


- Some screws (I used 1/2" wood screws)


- Some sandpaper or a sander (optional)  more

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Do Dugouts Come With A One-Hitter?

3mm OLD FOX 2 Pcs/lot Churchwarden Tobacco Pipe Stem Replacement Mouthpiece